Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

A Single Female (Taking care of her sons)

I feel blessed being the mother to such wonderful sons. I am trying to be the best person I can be. Doing whats right sometimes isn't always fun, but it feels good.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

OOOPPPPPPSSSSSS, I have been real busy.

I want to thank Our Military for their service to Our Country. I appreciate you protecting me and my children. It don't go unnoticed. THANK YOU!!!!

I know I have been away for some time. I have had a few things occupy my time. First as always has been my lil Guy. He is growing so fast. It just delights me and saddens me at the same time. I have so much fun with him. We love to play together. We watch "The Funny Show" every night at 7 pm. (aka Americas Funniest Videos) Yes they are all reruns, but we love it. It is great quality time together. I will hate if he one day thinks he is to cool and Mom is to old...(cry)
Getting him ready for School, we did Kindergarten Round-Up. That was fun. He tried to tell the Teacher she didn't need his attention. (wanting to sit with Mommy.) I had to set him straight real fast on that one. Telling him he had to treat her as he does Jess, his daycare provider. He understood and was soon in the thick of things.
Second my middle guy is asking for help with the many reports he has to do. I wonder why Homework is so much work for the parents??. My guess is they figure the Parents need to be involved in their Child's education. Homework is the fastest way to get interaction between Child and Parent. I stay involved in my Children's lives. I enjoy being a Mom. Homework is just another thing that has me rushing around trying to get everything done in my day. It slows me down. As I have always told my Children, homework comes first. So I have to put dinner on hold (and everything other chore I have to do after work), until after homework is done. Sometimes knowing it will take HOURS, I go back and forth doing chores and dinner, that I have to try and yell through the house asking and answering questions. Then after all that I have to answer a survey type thing on each report. I have to give my opinion and advice. I have been known to fall asleep with these surveys in my hands, to wake up at 2 am finish it then go and get the rest of my sleep. It is exhausting.
Not to mention I have been doing overtime at work. It is the "busy season" and we are working long hours. Starting next month I will have to be to work at 6am. Whew, getting up at 4 am will be difficult. They say it is 8 hours, but I know it will be more like 10-12 hours. At least for the first few months. Hopefully they will let us out before it gets to hot during the summer months. Working in a hot box sure makes for a crappy day. Enough of work, thinking of it tomorrow is enough for me.
Third is my oldest Son. He will be 22 soon. Yikes!!! When did that happen? I feel 22 myself. I can't believe he is old enough to be a Father. He at least knows he isn't ready. Him and his girlfriend talk about marriage, but they both say after they finish College. (whew) I told him not to start out Adult Life as I did. Being a Mom early sure stops lots of dreams. He asked me once if I regretted having him. OH HECK NO!!! I enjoy him and love being his Mom. I told him if I could have had HIM at a later date I would have. But I couldn't so I chose to have him. (I hate abortions, if you don't want to have a child don't have sex.) I wonder sometimes, but never regretted. I am proud to say I am his Mom. I adore him. Besides having him could very well have saved my life, who knows where I would have chosen to go in life if I didn't have him.
He is in College and doing a great job. His average is 93%. He tells me College is easier then High School. I tell him it is because he enjoys studying, knowing this is what he WANTS to do in his life. It isn't Mommy telling him he HAS to.
So to sum it up, Me and Mine are doing OK. We are all busy, Life is demanding. I am a Mother, Employee a Daughter and a Sister. It sure gets hectic sometimes. But The Good Lord has given me a beautiful life. One I thank Him for daily.!!!
Enjoy your day,
Smile at a stranger!!!
~K.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    It is so good to see a post from you lady. You put a big smile on my face when I realized that you had posted.

    Glad to know that everyone is doing great.

    Sure wish you could make it to DC next month.

    Take care lady.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Call Me Grandma said…

    I am so happy to see your post. We miss you K.
    I'm glad you and your boys are just busy with life.
    Noah loves funniest home videos also. We watch it ever Sunday and we laugh at some of the goofy stuff people do.I don't think we get it here every night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home