Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

A Single Female (Taking care of her sons)

I feel blessed being the mother to such wonderful sons. I am trying to be the best person I can be. Doing whats right sometimes isn't always fun, but it feels good.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

NO POWER!!!

I want to thank Our Military for their service to Our Country. I appreciate you protecting me and my children. It don't go unnoticed. THANK YOU!!!!

The weather has been frightful. The ice is beautiful, and my attitude has been pissy.....Typical Michigan this time of year. We were without power for 32 hrs starting Friday morning. No power till 4pm on Saturday. It was cold. I went to my mom's, though she is on her way to Texas driving in all that crappy weather. Mom was without power as well, but she has a generator! My nephew who lives there got it up and running. He kept it running for me and lil dude. Every 4 hrs he had to go refill them. We had two running. One for the heat and one for the T.V. and fridge. Candles and board games was a source of entertainment for lil dude. We went to the store and bought Clue jr. It is fun. lil Dude learned that game fast. We also bought Leapfrog games. Memory and Card Games. Memory you have to match the English word and picture to the Spanish word and picture. It is fun, and I make sure I say each match so lil Dude learns Spanish. He loves to learn. He sure has the game Memory down. He remembers where things are real well. As for the Card Games, well it is math Rummy and letter/color Go Fish. We had fun with that too. It has several different ways to play and we played each way. It also has this holder thing so lil Dude can hold all his cards. He loved it. But I can say he sure was happy when we got power back and he was able to play his Game Cube. He played it for 10 minutes then wanted to play Clue jr again. So we played.
My internet was down till 9:30 this morning. Which was ok. We got to go to bed without to much fuss. This morning though when I tried to get coffee, I had to run water for 55 minutes before it ran clear. Good thing I didn't do laundry first thing as I usually do. Can you imagine the rust stains? YUCK!
At Church today I learned there is a movie playing called The Nativity Story I am going to check out. Yes I know the story but you can never see it to much. We play this song in which it says.......I give my life to you .....As you gave your life for me. Beautiful. I like that song. I get goose bumps each time I hear it.
Go over to Stacy's and give prayers, as her brother has been in an accident.
Smile at a Stranger today!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Call Me Grandma said…

    You had the kind of weather we had on Friday. I was lucky we had power at our place.
    My mom lives in a mobile home and her skirting blew off. The men went deer hunting Saturday so guess who had to put the skirting back on? ME!
    It was a pissy weekend in Pa., too!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    It's cold here, but nothing like what you are getting. Nothing worse that not having power, but thank goodness for the generators.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home